Sunday, August 14, 2011

my nose garden - shel silverstein


        I have rowses and rowses of noses and noses 
          And why they all growses I really can’t guess. 
            No lilies or roses, just cold-catching noses, 
              And when they all blowses, it’s really a mess.
                They runs and they glowses, these sneezity noses, 
                  They drips and they flowses, they blooms and they dies. 
                    But you can’t bring no noses to fine flower showses 
                      And really expect them to give you a prize.
                        But each mornin’ I goeses to water with hoses 
                          These rowses of noses that I cannot sell, 
                            These red sniffly noses that cause all my woeses, 
                              Why even the crowses complain that they smell.
                                Why noses, not roses? Well, nobody knowses. 
                                  Why do you supposes they growses this thick? 
                                    But since there’s no roses come gather some noses -- 
                                      I guarantee each one’s a good nose to pick.

                                a few days ago, sam and i read a couple shel silverstein books we found at his house. that's a perfectly normal thing for us to do k?
                                anyway, this was our favorite poem.

                                -kandi


                                No comments:

                                Post a Comment